Friday, August 10, 2007

A good dinner, now a good race

Tonight I was treated to some good sushi. Our friend Amy was offered a job and she took us out for sushi to celebrate. I love Asian food, especially sushi. Plus the sodium from all the soy sauce should help on race day.
It's going to be hot for the race, which is good and bad. On the plus side, it's good heat acclimation for IM Lou. The negative is that it could really drain me more than I want. I guess we'll see what happens on Sunday.
Overall I feel OK. I don't like the taper period as it throws of my rhythm and routine. But it's a must and I have found ways to cope with it. I had a good swim in the morning. I went to the Masters program since Friday is sprint day. I put in 3500 yds and got out feeling strong. Then it was a big breakfast, some work around the house and a track session. I did 5x1k w/ 200 walk/jog between. I held 5:30/mile, which is OK, but I would have liked to have felt better. Sometimes I just feel stiff and off. This is what the taper does to me. Back home I gathered up my race gear, got the bike all jazzed up and looking good and did some visualization. Before I knew it Court was home and we were off to dinner.
I will be at the D3 Multisport booth Saturday and Sunday, so stop by and say hello! Good luck to everyone racing. Stay cool and race smart.

No comments: