Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Catching up

Well, it's been awhile since my last post. There hasn't been anything too pressing to write about, but I have been having a good time. Overall I have been training a bit here and there, working on some sponsorship resumes and doing some long needed projects around the house.
On the 6th of October, Court and I raced the first FitBeats Metro Mile. My newest sponsor, Fit Beats, put on a great mile around the town of Glendale, just outside of Denver. We both raced for fun and to help out with the race. In addition to the race, the entry fee included entry into the Glendale Raptors Vs. Denver Highlanders in rugby. Glendale has the nicest rugby stadium in the country, and it really is something to see. We watched both games, the first was a tie, and the second was the B game, and they don't keep score. Rugby is certainly a fun game to watch, but I don't think you'll find me on the pitch any time soon.
We also went back to Iowa for the Iowa/Illinois football game. I grew up in Iowa City, and Court and I met there at school. Plus, Court's sister and brother in law went to Iowa as well, so along with Courtney's parents we had a fun trip. Iowa won, we had a great time tailgaiting and we got to see the campus again. Having lived there for 23 years, I like to come back as often as possible. Many things have changed, but in general, it's always the same. I can remember what restaurant used to be where, and where the campus buildings are. I am grateful that I was able to spend my entire childhood, teenage and college years in Iowa CIty.
How about the race in Hawaii this year? What an odd day for the favorites and one huge upset on the women's side. A big congrats goes to Kelly, whom I swim with in the mornings. She won her age group and had another fast day. She posted a 3:19 marathon! Congrats also to Mark, Billy and Scott, all of whom had solid days as well. I really did miss being on the Island. The energy and buzz is something that I love to be around. Not feeling that this year made things difficult at times. I tried not to think about it too much, but I also wanted to keep up with all the news. I will take that feeling with me for the coming season and use it fuel my quest to return to Kona as a pro.
Finally, I hope to be moving this site soon. I am currently working on a new site that will make it easier for me to update and look more professional. I will keep you posted.

No comments: