Wednesday, August 15, 2007

COVER SHOT!!



Isn't this a GREAT SHOT?! It's Courtney's cover shot in Australian Triathlete Magazine. Plus there are about 8 photos inside pertaining to the article on the Quelle Challenge Roth. When she first got the mag she wouldn't let go of it all day. I am very proud of her for what she's accomplished. She has had many shots in magazines, but this is her first cover. It took her awhile to get the contacts and shots needed to break in, but I think this is the start of good things for her.
For me, it's IM Louisville countdown time. Surprisingly I felt really good after the race and was able to knock out a strong swim and bike yesterday. Today I wanted to get some steady hours in, but the legs were a bit cashed so I called it at an hour. I was able to get in a great open water swim later in the day. There won't be any wetsuits at Louisville, so I have been doing my open water swims sans wetsuit. I called the guys at BlueSeventy on Monday and have their awesom PointZero3 suit on the way. I felt strong and had a good feel for the water.
The next few days will be spent getting things ready for race day. A complete bike tune, new tubulars, a new saddle (mine started to fall apart last week!), getting the nutrition straight, printing the relevant paper work and plenty of rest. I have found that the earlier I start this process, the better off I am. Over the years I have gotten this routine down pretty well. When I look back at my first IM preps I remember how I packed EVERYTHING! My bike case was probably 100 pounds! These days I can get the case to under 50 pounds. Considering the case is nearly 20 pounds itself, that's not bad. I stuff my bike case full of all sorts of stuff. From my helmet, wetsuit, and nutrition to books, clothes and shoes. I figure if I have to pay the $75 to get it on the plane, then I am going to make it worth it.

No comments: